Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Catching up....

I guess I have some catching up to do! I have been really busy with work and have just forgotten to blog! The past 2 months have been busy and fun. We have gone on some day hikes, traveled up to Sacramento for a few days to visit with my family, camped over night in Malibu, gone to Solvang a few times, went to the Fair (mini donuts!!!) and saw Sublime in concert, gone to Santa Barbara several times and walked along the beach and down State St, visited with Brian's parents (that was just this week!), and lots of other stuff I'm forgetting at the moment. It has been a good summer for sure. Other than the crummy weather here in Ventura. It has been gloomy since June and is finally starting to warm up but it is supposed to be cold again next week. Maybe we will have a warm fall...

We had a nice visit with Brian's parents this week. They were down visiting from Idaho. Yesterday we met them in Santa Barbara and drove up to Solvang. We ate at the Red Viking and had Shmorgisborg, walked around town - I got an Aebleskiver pan!, ate Aebleskiver from Solvang restaurant, and got fudge. It was a fun, hot! day and it was great seeing Brian's parents since we haven't seen them since New Years!

In other news...I just transfered to Labor and Delivery!! I am really excited about it. The first 2 days of training went great. I remember a lot of stuff from last year when I precepted there at the end of school, so I am picking things up pretty quickly. I know there is a lot more to learn though and I am looking forward to it! :) I am so happy to finally be in the department I have wanted to be in for so long! I really like post partum but it was getting very monotonous, but I still am doing 1 day a week at VCMC in post partum. Working 4 days a week keeps me really busy. I really appreciate my days off!!

Brian's work is pretty much the same. It's really nice that it is so flexible most of the time though. He is usually able to take a day off if I am off too so that we can spend the day together.

And Gidget is Gidget. :) She is just a happy dog who enjoys laying in the sun and chasing her ball. And of course going on any of the trips we go on too. She is such a good dog in the car it makes it easy for us to take her with us pretty much any where we go. She will be 6 in just a few months!! How time flies!

Well, that is life right now here at the Starr home. Here are a few pictures of our adventures the past few months...

2 comments:

Pam said...

Great pictures...very fun to see what you're up to..thanks for posting! I -- everyone-- loved your visit to Sacramento--come again soon!(I miss you).. we can't guarantee the same beautiful weather, but we'd love to have you here anytime!!! We're so excited about L&D, you will be WONDERFUL! We're super proud of you!! Love and hugs.. enjoy Ventura for me, gloom or not, it's a special place :-)

Jeni said...

Hey guys. Found you on here through Lisa's blog. Glad to see you're doing so well. I have a really good friend who is a labor and delivery nurse and she LOVES it.