Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 12, 2012

Time flies...

Wow. Time has really gotten away from me. I can't believe we are in the middle of March! Which means... baby time in less than 2 months!! Holy cow. It's just amazing how fast this time has gone.

I am so happy that the pregnancy is going so smoothly. Other than the occasional discomfort it has been pretty much smooth sailing. I am now 32 weeks. Just 8 more to go (or less if she decides to come sooner). We are getting things ready. The nursery is painted, the crib and changing table are set up and we have a basinet that we will put in our room. So far I haven't bought much else since I will be having 2 showers and don't want to have to return a bunch of stuff. I am so lucky to have such wonderful co-workers who are throwing me a shower next weekend. And Susan is hosting one for family/friends at the end of the month. I am so excited! :)

My belly, of course, has grown substantially. Haha. I'm loving it though. It is just so awesome to feel her wiggle around in there...even though sometimes she decides my ribs are in her way and she kicks to get some more room. :) We did a 3D ultrasound last week (actually 2 of them). The first one she had her arms and hands in front of her face most of the time so we didn't get great shots. So we went back a few days later and were able to see her a little more clearly. But she is already really low in my pelvis so it was still difficult to get a good view. I will post the best picture below. It was really fun getting to see her. She has very chubby cheeks and pouty lips. She's got Brian's lips for sure!

Magnus is also doing good. Although he has an infection right now. Nothing serious but it causes runny/stuffy nose. So we are constantly wiping his nose off. Poor guy. But he is such a happy go lucky puppy that it doesn't bother him too much. He is a great walking partner for me. When I'm off I usually take him for 2 or 3 walks. Great for him and me! He is doing really well training wise. We take him to a training class once a week and he has done really well so far. I'm so happy that he is such a good dog. It is going to be challenging when the baby gets here so I am relieved that at least he is obeying us! I think he is going to be a great big brother. :)

And Brian is doing great. His business is picking up and they usually have a treatment about once a week. That's actually where he is as I type this. I'm really proud of him and all the hard work he has been doing.

Yesterday we drove up to Cambria and Susanne met us there and did a maternity shoot for us. It was so awesome! It was a gorgeous day (although just a touch cold and breezy...that's the California coast for you!). We were able to shoot at several different locations along the beach and also in town. I'm really excited about seeing the final products. :)

That about wraps it up...until next time....I will try to make that before the baby comes.... :)



This is after playing at the dog park...he is very worn out

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wow, the clock is ticking! but no more of this ..baby coming early stuff! You put your feet up every time you think that.. at least until the end of April :) You look spectacular btw!
I'm sure you had a lovely shower.. We're excited to come for the next one.. I better get my act together.
Everything sounds wonderful--it's a happy time! We love you so much & are grateful for the blessings in your lives. LOVE LOVE LOVE