Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 26, 2010

A little update

No...we haven't fallen off the face of the earth! I have just been busy with work and nothing too exciting has been happening. I am still working 3 nights a week at CMH on the Post Partum floor. I have also been floating to Pediatrics here and there. And next week I start my training over at VCMC. I am really excited to be working there too. I will be in Post Partum over there but will just be per-diem (so a few shifts a month). It will deffinately take a little getting used to, having 2 jobs and all, but I figured I might as well do it now while I am still young and while we don't have kids! So my life is pretty much work, walking Gidget, the gym, hanging out with Brian when I can, baking goodies here and there, and sleeping. Haha! Brian is doing well too. He works 4 days a week and occasionally gets called in on the weekends for an emergency CT but it's not too bad. I usuallly get to see him for a few minutes before I head off to work in the evening and then an hour or so in the morning while we have breakfast before he goes off to work and I go to sleep. That's the life of a night nurse I guess! Brian is doing an on-line class right now and is planning on taking another class or 2 during the summer. Our plans after that...not too sure at this point. We would really like to move up to Washington but not sure if it's going to be the end of this year, begining of next year or later! I do really want to move but I also love California!! So we will see how this year goes and decide from there. So as you can see, our life is really exciting right now! I will try to be better about blogging and get some pics up of something....of what I don't know... maybe of Gidget at the beach. oh, oh, oh....one exciting thing...I got an I-phone! K, maybe that's not exciting to you but I think it is fantastic! Don't know how I lived without it before!!

4 comments:

~Mama Cayman ;) said...

Whether it's exciting or not, I still love to hear what you guys are up to lately! And the iPhone is not only the absolute best news for you, it is great for me too, because now I can get an iPhone fix vicariously through you!!!!! I want one, but will be married to my Blackberry until the iPhone makes the journey to Verizon.

Pam said...

Hey there, hope the orientation went well yesterday! How wonderful to have this added opportunity at VCMC--you know dad is thrilled to have you there (me too!) We're so proud of you!
It was such fun at the awards dinner, and an extra bonus to spend the next day visiting Old Creek and Ojai.. what a treat for us.
Keep us posted on how things are going for you and Brian. Love you

fawndear said...

I vote you move to Washington sooner rather than later. Purely for selfish reasons of course.

It was nice to see your update.

The Trio said...

I love reading your updates here much better than facebook any day. Hope you enjoy both CMH and VCMC. Say hello to all my doctor friends! I hate living away from California so know why you are torn. Have a great March!