Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fun filled weekend!!

So this past weekend really flew by!! It was quite a whirlwind. Friday evening was my pinning ceremony. It was so much fun! Thank you to all the family who made it out. Especially to those who came from so far away! I am so thankful to Kirsten for making the trip. It was an honor to have you pin me and pass on Grandma's legacy. :) Thank you to Mom for getting all the food! It was so, so good! And of course thank you to Dave and Cheryl for opening their home for us to celebrate in! And thank you to Margaret for the new stethoscope! It is awesome. Saturday was much calmer. Brian and I went to breakfast and then I hung out with Kirsten, Michelle, and Mia downtown. It was fun going to all the little shops. Later, Brian and I met up with them again and had dinner at Anacapa Brewery downtown. Then us girls went back to the hotel and reminisced, watched a movie and ate way too much junk food! So thank you to everyone for coming and celebrating this big event in my life!! It was so great to have you all there.

Monday was also a great day!! It was our 7 year anniversary!! Wow, time sure flies! It was a really nice day. We took it easy in the morning then we went to the movies and saw Star Trek. What a great movie!! I am totally not a Star Trek fan by any means but the movie was really good. The action was great and the graphics were awesome. Brian even liked it too! Later that evening we went to a great restaurant on the Malibu pier. It was soooo good!! It's called The Beachcomber and it's right on the pier so you have a nice ocean view. We had calamari for an appetizer, Brian had the seared Ahi Tuna and I had Swordfish. It was delectable!!! We walked on the pier then drove back to Ventura and got Cold Stone for desert. :) Thank you Brian for making it such a wonderful day and for being the amazing man that you are. I love you...forever!!!!!!

So that was the weekend.....and then today (Wednesday) was my official college graduation. We have our separate pinning ceremony and then we can choose to walk in the main graduation if we want. I'm really glad I did. There weren't many people from my class but we had fun. We get to wear white so we stood out from the rest of the grads in black. It feels so weird to be done!!! Now I just have to pass my boards and get a job!!! Wish me luck!

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me through my schooling. I really couldn't have done it without you!!

3 comments:

Kiwi said...

It was great being able to see you graduate and visit with you guys. We have to get together more often.

Pam said...

love the pictures-- loved being there to see you get your pin from your seester. it was very fun to have everyone at the ceremony.. special thanks to Windles, Wheelers, Becketts/Aunt Hazel, Smiths, Starrs, & all the Ashbys.. a great time! (give Dave & Cheryl a big hug for opening there home!)
we're super proud of all you have done Miss EJ. big congratulations!!! love you

Pam said...

oh, opps... what would dad say! That's ..THEIR home. just wasn't paying attention. :-)
We can't wait to see you in July!!!